One Touch Window Reset - Mk3 and Mk4
Whenever you disconnect your battery on your Mk3 Mondeo, your one-touch electric windows will need resetting.
To reset the windows, follow these steps:
- Hold down the down switch until the window is fully lowered
- Release the switch momentarily, and then press down again for 5 seconds
- Hold down the up switch until the window is fully raised
- Release the switch momentarily, and then press up again for 5 seconds
This window will now be set for one touch and global opening/closing. Repeat this procedure for each individual window, and if fitted, the sunroof...
WARNING: The door window anti-trap function will not operate during the door window motor initialization procedure. Make sure that the door window opening is free of all foreign material. Failure to follow this instruction may result in personal injury._
After the battery has been disconnected it is necessary to initialize each door window motor separately.
- Press the power window control switch close button until the door window is fully closed and hold the button in the close position for a further second.
- Release the power window control switch close button and press again two or three more times, for one second each time.
- Press the power window control switch open button until the door window is fully open.
- Briefly press the power window control switch close button to the second detent and release the button.
- If the door window does not close automatically, repeat the complete procedure.
- Repeat the door window motor initialization for each door window motor.