Remote Transmitter Programming
1. Note: A maximum of four keyless entry remote transmitters can be programmed to the generic electronic module (GEM). Programming must be done at the same time for all the transmitters.
Note: To enter programming mode, first make sure that the vehicle battery is fully charged and the anti-theft system is not armed or triggered (if equipped).
Close all doors and fasten the safety belts to make sure conflicting chimes do not sound during programming.
2. Turn the ignition switch from position I to position II at least four times in six seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to position I.
4. The GEM is now in the learning mode.
5. Press and hold one of the buttons on the remote transmitter until a chime sounds. This indicates a new transmitter code has been successfully received.
6. After each successful programming, another 10 second learning mode is automatically entered, up to a maximum of four times.
7. To program additional transmitters, repeat step 5.
8. The system will leave the learning mode after the ignition switch is turned to position III, or if no new transmitter is programmed during the 10 seconds, or if four remote transmitters have been programmed.
9. Note: An incorrect programming procedure does not affect the stored codes.
After successful programming, only the new programmed transmitters will be accepted.
10. Test all the programmed transmitters, by activating and deactivating the locking/unlocking functions.